Our ADA Para-Transit service focuses on persons with disabilities. Click Here
Reduced Fares for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities
Reduced fares are discounted fares for seniors age 55 or older and persons with disabilities. Click Here
Service animals are allowed in Menominee Regional Public Transit vehicles. Please follow these guidelines.
- No Permit is required, but you may be asked to confirm that your animal is a service animal.
- You are responsible for the care and supervision of your animal while on board.
- Your animal must be on a leash or in a container and must remain under your control at all times.
- The animal must remain at your feet or on your lap. The animal may not sit on a vehicle seat.
- The animal must not be aggressive toward people or other animals.
- You are responsible for any damage or soiling caused by the animal.
An aide is allowed to ride for free. Please tell us when you call that you require an aide.
- Menominee Regional Public Transit buses and vans offer wheelchair lifts and other features to accommodate riders with disabilities.
- Seats near the front door are reserved for the elderly and people with disabilities.
- By ADA standards, wheelchairs must be secured on buses.
There is at least one wheelchair securement location per bus, newer busses provide two locations, each equipped with devices which hold the wheelchairs safely in place.
Operators provide securement assistance as needed. Lap/shoulder belts are available upon request.
Unlike fixed route services, which do not deviate from their established routes, the ADA Para-Transit Service buses pick-up and discharge passengers at the curb in front of thier origin and destination.
All of Menominee Regional Transit buses, both fixed route and ADA Para-Transit, are equipped with lifts to assist riders getting on or off the bus.
Many riders with disabilities find the fixed route buses suitable for their needs. However, some riders have disabilities which do not allow them to
use regular fixed route bus services. For these riders Menominee Regional Public Transit offers ADA Para-Transit.
To use the ADA Para-Transit service, place a call to (715) 799-3222 Local or 1-800-MITWBUS (648-9287) to request a ride.
A call to use our ADA Para-Transit Service does not guarantee a ride for the requested times.
The ADA Para-Transit service depends on the availability of drivers and vehicles and for this reason,
there are limited hours available per week for the ADA Para-Transit Service. It is important to call to find out if a seat is available.
See our fares for this service.
Who May Use ADA Para-Transit?
A person's eligibility to use ADA Para-Transit is determined on a case-by-case basis following specific eligibility criteria.
ADA Eligibility coming soon!
- ADA Eligible Riders
Some riders are eligible to use ADA Para-Transit because they have a disability which qualifies them under the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA").
These eligible riders are persons who are unable to use the fixed route bus. For the most part, these riders are unable to get to or from a fixed
route bus stop because of their disability.
- Qualified Riders Age 55 or Over
ADA Para-Transit is also made available to persons aged 55 and over when and if other schedule commitments permit.
Need to Cancel?
Please call in advance. If you do not cancel your ride at least 2 hours before your scheduled pick up time, your trip will be a "no show."
"No Show" policy
Menominee Regional Public Transit also understands that riders may sometimes miss scheduled trips or be unable to cancel trips in a timely way for reasons that are beyond their control. However, repeatedly missing scheduled trips (or failing to cancel trips in a timely way) can lead to suspension of service.